Our Commitment to Privacy (effective date 04/02/2019)
If this Policy changes in the future, we will post an updated version on our website. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears at the bottom. You may change how you provide your personal information to us at any time.
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, birthday, and product preferences when engaging in any of the activities listed below:
- Inquire about our services
- Create an account (profile) at blokmod.com (not applicable as we do not currently allow account creation)
- Subscribe to receive our emails
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event
- Participate in BLOK social media including ratings & reviews
We maintain a record of inquires you make. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, from unrelated third parties, and from our other brands.
Using Information We Collect
To provide you with the best possible customer experience, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our services, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design and services
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business
- To contact you
- To improve our customer service
You have the option not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “Managing your Personal Information”, below.
Sharing Information We Collect
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we partner with another company in a joint marketing program to offer services or promotions to our customers. Except for sharing this information with a joint marketing partner, we do not sell or lease your information to any third party to use for marketing their products.
- We may share information about you, if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of BLOK or others.
- If you choose to participate in a loyalty, or similar program in which BLOK is a participating vendor, and you authorize BLOK to provide information about your purchases to the company administering the program, we will share your personal information with that program.
Managing your Personal Information (currently not applicable as our site does not allow you to create an account)
You can review your personal information at any time. To access your personal information online, simply click Your Account at the top of any web page, sign in when prompted. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. BLOK provides a choice in communication for customers so you can receive information from us at your discretion. We communicate with our customers by promotional email, mailings (postal) and telephone. If you would like to be removed from our promotional email, mailings (postal) or telephone lists, please contact us by sending an email to the address below.
Please specify from which list(s) – “Do Not Email”, “Do Not Mail”, or “Do Not Call” – you would like to be removed from. Please note that requests by email take up to ten business days to process and request by mail (postal) may take up to six to eight weeks to process.
Alternatively, if you do not want to receive promotional emails (i.e. not order-related) that notify you of new product arrivals, exclusive offers, upcoming events, store openings and the like, simply click the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any BLOK email. Please note, however, that this is for email only.
We regularly uses browser tracking cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a website. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a website or web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Study how our Guest’s navigate through our website and which services they request in site searches
- Customize the message and delivery of online banner ads based on your online behavior.
We do our best to provide you with a safe experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https.”
Identity thieves sometimes send fraudulent email messages to trick customers into divulging personal or financial information (a practice known as “phishing”). “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email. If you have received or entered personal information in response to a suspicious email, pop-up or phony website claiming to be affiliated with please email us at address below immediately.
Links to Other Sites
Occasionally we provide links on our website to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of us and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites which are provided solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
California Privacy Rights / Questions or Comments
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of California the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for the direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make such a request, or for any other questions or comments please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org